Proposal Deadline: 4 p.m. – Friday, June 21, 2019
Affiliate agencies, AHRC Nassau, Brookville Center for Children’s Services, Advantage Care Health Centers and Citizens Options Unlimited, are now accepting proposals for an agency partner to support recruitment marketing initiatives. Over the next year, we seek to recruit positions, including but not limited to:
- Direct support professionals (DSPs), who work with children and adults with developmental disabilities to achieve everyday tasks, including socialization, safety, household chores and self-care routines in residential or day habilitation settings
- Residence Managers and Assistant Managers
- Day Habilitation Managers
- Nurses for Summer Camp
- Teaching Aides and Assistants
This advertising/ marketing partner would assist in developing a more robust candidate pipeline primarily in Nassau and Suffolk Counties, while raising awareness of our affiliate agencies as Long Island’s best-in-class employers. We seek a strategic partner to work alongside leadership from the HR and PR departments in accomplishing these goals. We welcome proposals from agencies and consultants with experience in market research, recruitment, brand development, advertising/marketing, account management and reporting. The projected contract period will be from July 21, 2019 through June 19, 2020. Based on performance, the contract may be extended on a no-bid basis.
Proposal Guidelines, Requirements and Terms
This is an open process. For consideration, proposals must follow the RFP criteria. All materials must be received by June 21, 2019. We may accept or reject any and all proposals. Finalists will be invited to present at AHRC Nassau’s campus in Brookville, NY, at their own expense. Proposals are offers only. Participation in the RFP does not obligate AHRC Nassau, Citizens, BCCS or any of our other affiliated companies to pay any costs incurred by the candidate in participating in this process. The chosen firm’s contract, including terms, scope and budget, will be negotiated on selection.
Affiliate agencies, AHRC Nassau, Citizens Options Unlimited, Brookville Center for Children’s Services and Advantage Care Health Centers, employ nearly 3,200 team members to support children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) across Long Island. AHRC Nassau, Brookville Center and Advantage Care are nonprofits based in Nassau County, while Citizens’ services are based in Suffolk and eastern Nassau Counties. Camp Loyaltown, a program of Citizens, is located in Hunter, NY, which is in Greene County.
Sharing the same HR and PR team, our group seeks an agency to assist in recruiting energetic and compassionate team members, eager to support people with disabilities to maintain a healthy lifestyle and achieve their personal goals. Our extensive, paid training programs provide staff with the knowledge and competencies to become upwardly mobile within our organizations and beyond.
While offering a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision plans, tuition incentive programs and retirement plans, our nonprofit group currently faces recruitment challenges. Pay is often lower than similar jobs in other industries (e.g., retail clerks). Also, for positions compensated at or nearly the minimum wage, such as DSPs, the combination of high-energy roles, open staff positions, and a highly regulated field often results in burn out and scheduling challenges.
While retention is high, after the first year of employment, with good satisfaction rates, finding the right pool of candidates remains a challenge. All frontline positions require a valid New York State driver’s license and high school diploma, GED or equivalent.
Scope of Work
The successful candidate/agency will work closely with HR and PR leaders on services including:
- Market research (strategy/execution/reporting) on untapped talent pools.
- An audit and evaluation of existing recruitment materials.
- Multi-channel marketing plan (print, broadcast, digital, online, email, etc.) focused on recruitment, including but not limited to marketing, advertising, online/social media, media buying, special events, etc.
- Content and graphic design for digital, print and collateral, as requested.
- Measurement/reports, while also providing monthly performance cost analyses.
Please propose a project budget, along with a fee structure/schedule and the estimated number of hours per service.
The chosen agency will work closely with the Recruitment Manager, Director of Human Resources, Senior Director of Human Resources, Community Resources Director and Community Resources Assistant Director. These professionals will comprise the evaluation committee. The chosen agency will be led by one staff member as the primary point of contact and direction.
During a fair and impartial process, the evaluation committee will assess each agency’s proposal.
- Your proposal is due 6/21/19 at 4 p.m.
- During the review period, finalist interviews/presentations may be requested via telephone or in person.
- All participating agencies will be alerted in writing as to whether or not they were chosen as finalists.
- The selected agency will be chosen on or about 7/12/19.
For consideration, please include the following in your proposal:
- Name, title and contact information for the person submitting the proposal. This team member will receive updates on the application process and may receive questions.
- Names, titles, and professional experience of all team members who will support this project.
- Agency ownership (e.g., corporation, LLC, etc.), capabilities and relevant experience. If work will be performed by a sub-contractor, please identity this firm in your proposal and its services.
- Disclosure of competitor agencies or providers, who are clients.
- Average client tenure.
- Proposed approach, detailed work plan and timeline. Particular attention will be paid to your approach to the first 90 days.
- Proposed reporting method charting progress and performance.
- Proposed project budget, that shows:
- Fee structure/ schedule.
- Estimated number of hours per service.
- Project phases.
- Relevant case studies/samples of recruitment marketing initiatives.
- Two references from organizations that have used your services.
By June 21, 2019, submissions should be:
- Emailed as one (1) PDF document to Jim Stock, Recruitment Manager, AHRC Nassau, at firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions should have “A/C Recruitment RFP” in the subject line.
- Mailed as four (4) hard copies to Jim Stock, AHRC Nassau,189 Wheatley Rd., Brookville, NY 11545